Archives

Published on February 16, 2013 by Editor

TEMECULA – Sheriff’s deputies found heroin and children’s toys stored together inside a Temecula couple’s home, and arrested the parents for allegedly endangering their two children, a sergeant said today.

Sheriff’s deputies went to a home Friday, Feb. 15 in the 45900 block of Corte Tobarra Road to check if Bobby Patton, 34, and his wife Katie, 31, were complying with the terms of their court-ordered probation.

Deputies found the children at the Patton home but they also uncovered more than three grams of heroin, two grams of methamphetamine and drug paraphernalia inside an unsecured master bedroom closet.

Children’s toys and clothes were also inside the closet, where the drugs were within reach of the children, Riverside County sheriff’s Sgt. Geoff Green said.

Deputies determined the Pattons were allegedly under the influence of a controlled substance. They were arrested for suspicion of alleged offenses that included possessing the drugs and child endangerment. Child Protection Services took custody of the children, Green said.

Bobby Patton was released today after he posted $150,000 bail. Katie Patton remained in jail in lieu of the same bail amount, according to online jail records.

6 Responses to Temecula couple arrested for possession of heroin, allegedly endangering their two children

1. A 53 Year old Grandma Reply

February 16, 2013 at 7:35 pm

What nasty excuses for parents. Not only having all those drugs within reach of small children, but being under the influence when they were arrested with the children in the HOUSE. You people are 34 and 31 grow up or there are plenty of wonderful people out there to adopt these children you obviously dont care squat about.

**Of course everyone is innocent until proven guilty**

2. katie p Reply

February 19, 2013 at 6:01 pm

well you have no right nobody knows what the real story i know that my kids are more loved happy well ajusted kids youll ever know when you right stuff with out fact just shows that you unintelligent and have nothing better to do seat on your fat … all day get a job lady i fill sorry for you losser

3. C. J. Stewart Reply

February 19, 2013 at 7:23 pm

That’s right Grandma.

No matter how much money one makes, how many darts to the veins, or candy up the nose. One can never buy back the time to spend with their children.

IMO: These breeders are absolutely selfish and uneducated at parenting.

4. Lee Reply

February 20, 2013 at 8:56 am

Garbage! Pure garbage! Innocent until proven guilty? My foot! I don’t need anymore proof: the police found HEROIN and toys together inside the home where small children are present. That’s all I need to know to say:

Garbage! Pure garbage! Stupid is as stupid does.

(katie p, learn how to spell and write before you open your sorry ……! Cool? You’re a joke . . . and perhaps on heroin yourself! )

5. OMG Innocent Til Proven Guilty People Geez Reply

March 4, 2013 at 6:53 am

Let me remind you people so quick to be judge, jury, and condemn these people. They are innocent til proven guilty for Christ’s sake. Give me a freaking break. My God, you act like these people lit the kids on fire or something. Cops love to prey on poor people with kids to rack the income for the stupids at the Riverside CPS office. Get a clue.

6. One Day At a Time Reply

July 3, 2013 at 10:35 pm

While I haven’t spoken to Katie or Bobby in about a year since I relocated out of California, I know them both very well and I know they love those kids more words can express. The police ALWAYS exaggerate. An unsecured closet door? How many of us have locks on our closet doors? And if you do, why? Kids clothes in the closet were probably in the laundry. And kids leave their toys everywhere. Let me be clear, I don’t condone what they did, but I know them and I know they are good people and great parents. Drugs make people do stupid things; but they’ll get the help they need. Don’t be so self-righteous and keep hatred and contemptuous comments to yourself.